My thanks to Spartacus2030 from My Opinionsville for nominating me for a Liebster Award. Go there to read the rules if I have nominated you for one in the list below.
My apologies also for being so long in responding. For some reason Akismet put it in my spam and I only found it when doing some cleanup after the AtoZ Challenge ended.
This is actually my second nomination (sadly I don’t remember who nominated me the first time), but I was such a newbie the first time I had no idea what I was doing, much less what to say. I’ve got some better footing now, so let’s see if I can write something that makes sense.
Eleven random facts about myself
- I’m the oldest of seven children.
- If I had to choose one food to eat for 30 days, it would be ground beef.
- I quit smoking for 11 1/2 years and started again. This time I have been smoke-free for 12 years.
- Ugh! I’m going on Medicare this year.
- I prefer summer to winter. I don’t like having to bundle up; it makes me feel claustrophobic.
- I worked for eight years as a secretary for a black United Methodist Church. I was the only white secretary they ever hired.
- I worked third shift for so many years with the US Postal Service that I still am a night owl. But then again, morning never was my best time.
- I love animals, especially cats. If I had a house with a big yard I would have at least two dogs and a run for the cat(s)
- I have a very curious mind and it’s constantly moving so it is sometimes difficult for me to concentrate.
- When my time on this earth is done, I want to be cremated and my ashes given to an organization that uses them in artificial reefs.
- I once was invited to join a women’s barbershop quartet but I declined because I was scared.
Eleven Questions From My Nominator
- Describe the happiest moment in your life. Hmmmm. That would have to be the birth of my last niece. She was the only one of all my nieces and nephews I was able to be bond with from day one as I had lived away when all the others were born. I call her “my heart”. She’s a teenager now so she doesn’t get as excited to see me now as she once did.
- Describe the most fearful moment in your life. I was on my own for the first time and, after getting into a fight with my date, foolishly accepted a ride from two men I had met that night at the bar. On a bet between them, one tried to rape me. My satisfaction is that he didn’t succeed and I left my mark on his face.
- Name three movies you would watch a second time. Somewhere in Time, Ghost, and Roadhouse. Yeah, I have a thing for Patrick Swayze.
- If you could be any animal on Earth, what one would you be, and why? A jaguar, because of it’s speed and strength, plus it’s a cat.
- What is the worst job or task you’ve ever had to do? Intake Coordinator for a mental health clinic. I ended up quitting within three months because I was just too empathetic and I couldn’t take hearing the stories any longer.
- Make three wishes. Enough money to live comfortably and not have to worry; an end to terrorism; an end to animal cruelty
- What would you do with 1 million dollars? After paying my own bills, give portions to my family for their needs, and give at least 1/4 to my favorite charities.
- What is your favorite food? Only one? Chicken and dumplings.
- If you could start again, what career would you choose, and why? I would choose forensics because I would be challenged by the constant changes in the science and would be helping to solve crimes.
- What country would you visit and why? Ireland; I fell in love with it through Nora Roberts’ books and have just always felt drawn there as if it’s in my blood.
- What’s your favorite fragrance? Sand and Sable if you mean a branded fragrance, otherwise it’s the smell of a newly bathed and powdered baby.
I Nominate These Eleven Bloggers
- What Sandra Thinks
- Mind and Life Matters
- Alyssa from Dear LilyJune
- Sarah Zama from The Old Shelter
- Joy from Beautiful Words
- Diary of an Internet Nobody
- Marquessa Matthews from Simply Marquessa
- Debbie from My Random Musings
- The Return of the Modern Philosopher
- Shades of Grace
- Fictional Kevin
Eleven Questions for You
- If you could go back in time and change ONE thing, what would it be?
- What country would you most like to visit and why?
- Name your three favorite songs/music videos.
- If you were part of a circus, what would you be and why?
- Your friend has used two of three wishes and offers you the last one. What would it be?
- Given the opportunity, what would you change about your appearance?
- Could you live in a cabin on a lake for 30 days without any electronic technology or the internet?
- You’re spending the weekend on a yacht and can only bring 4 things. What would they be?
- Do you prefer living in a house, condo or apartment? Why?
- What is your favorite season? Why?
- What is your favorite fair or amusement park ride/attraction?
Those who fulfill the conditions of the award may take their choice between either of these two award logos. And remember, these things are meant to be enjoyed! Liebster is a German word with several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)